Image ID
DN-0064004
Headline
Captain Frederick Goetz, commander of Hook and Ladder Company No. 16, standing outside firehouse
Date Depicted
January 27, 1915
Date Created
January 27, 1915
Creator
Chicago Daily News, Inc.
Creator Role
photographer
Artwork/Object Depicted
glass negatives
Copyright Notice
© Chicago Historical Society, published on or before 2013, all rights reserved
Credit Line
DN-0064004, Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago History Museum
Inventory Number
1960.784
Storage Location
Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago History Museum
Acquisition Source
Gift of Field Enterprises, Inc.
Max Pixels - Height
2885
Max Pixels - Width
2322
KEYWORDS
Chicago (Ill.)
1960.784
Goetz, Frederick
Hook and Ladder Company No. 16 (Chicago, Ill.)
Chicago (Ill.). Fire Dept.
Officials and employees
Fire fighters
Illinois
Chicago
1910-1919
Fire stations
62nd Place (Chicago, Ill.)
Dorchester Avenue (Chicago, Ill.)
Hyde Park (Chicago, Ill.)
Portraits
Dry plate negatives
Gelatin dry plate negatives
DN-0064004.tif
captain frederick goetz commander of hook and ladder company no 16 standing outside firehouse

Three-quarter length portrait of Captain Frederick Goetz, veteran commander of Hook and Ladder Company No. 16, standing outside the old firehouse at East 62nd Place and South Dorchester Avenue in the Hyde Park community area of Chicago, Illinois. Goetz laid the cornerstone for the new firehouse being built next door to the old one. The old firehouse was to be torn down once the new building was completed. The old firehouse formerly housed the volunteer fire department of Hyde Park, before that community was annexed to Chicago.

Three-quarter length portrait of Captain Frederick Goetz, veteran commander of Hook and Ladder Company No. 16, standing outside the old firehouse at East 62nd Place and South Dorchester Avenue in the Hyde Park community area of Chicago, Illinois. Goetz laid the cornerstone for the new firehouse being built next door to the old one. The old firehouse was to be torn down once the new building was completed. The old firehouse formerly housed the volunteer fire department of Hyde Park, before that community was annexed to Chicago.