Image ID
DN-0005308
Headline
Fountain Girl with two horses standing behind the statue, and commercial buildings across the street in the background, light exposure
Date Depicted
1907
Date Created
1907
Creator
Chicago Daily News, Inc.
Creator Role
photographer
Artwork/Object Depicted
glass negatives
Copyright Notice
© Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
Credit Line
DN-0005308, Chicago Sun-Times/Chicago Daily News collection, Chicago History Museum
Inventory Number
1960.784
Storage Location
Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago History Museum
Horizon Bib. No.
78471
Max Pixels - Height
640
Max Pixels - Width
453
KEYWORDS
Fountain Girl (Sculpture)
Fountains--Illinois--Chicago--1900-1909.--lctgm
Sculpture--Illinois--Chicago--1900-1909.--lctgm
Horses--1900-1909.--lctgm
LaSalle Street (Chicago, Ill.)--1900-1909.
Loop (Chicago, Ill.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--1900-1909.
Chicago (Ill.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--1900-1909.
Dry plate negatives.--gmgpc
Gelatin dry plate negatives.--aat
fountain girl with two horses standing behind the statue and commercial buildings across the street in the background light exposure

Light exposure image of sculpture, Fountain Girl, showing the statue of a small girl raising a bowl with two horses standing behind the statue, and commercial buildings across the street in the background. Fountain Girl was located at South LaSalle and West Monroe Streets in front of the Woman's Temple, an office building owned by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union in the Loop community area of Chicago, Illinois. The bronze statue, by George E. Wade, was erected in 1895 by the Loyal Temperance Legion of Boys and Girls.

Light exposure image of sculpture, Fountain Girl, showing the statue of a small girl raising a bowl with two horses standing behind the statue, and commercial buildings across the street in the background. Fountain Girl was located at South LaSalle and West Monroe Streets in front of the Woman's Temple, an office building owned by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union in the Loop community area of Chicago, Illinois. The bronze statue, by George E. Wade, was erected in 1895 by the Loyal Temperance Legion of Boys and Girls.