Image ID
DN-0063675
Headline
Cook County Poor Farm, five unidentified men standing in a semi-circle, one man holding a chicken
Date Created
circa November 14, 1914
Creator
Chicago Daily News, Inc.
Creator Role
photographer
Artwork/Object Depicted
glass negatives
Copyright Notice
© Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
Credit Line
DN-0063675, Chicago Sun-Times/Chicago Daily News Collection, Chicago History Museum
Inventory Number
1960.784
Storage Location
Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago History Museum
Horizon Bib. No.
107662
Max Pixels - Height
402
Max Pixels - Width
500
KEYWORDS
Belden Avenue Baptist Church (Chicago, Ill.)


Horses--1910-1919.--lctgm
Harnesses--1910-1919.--lctgm
Watering troughs--Illinois--Chicago--1910-1919.--lctgm
Halsted Street (Chicago, Ill.)--1910-1919.
Belden Avenue (Chicago, Ill.)
Lincoln Park (Chicago, Ill. : Community area)--Buildings, structures, etc.--1910-1919.
Chicago (Ill.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--1910-1919.
Dry plate negatives.--gmgpc
Gelatin dry plate negatives.--aat


United StatesIllinoisCook CountyChicago.
cook county poor farm five unidentified men standing in a semi circle one man holding a chicken

Image of five men standing in a semi-circle with one man holding a chicken. They are at the Cook County Poor Farm, also known as Cook County Poor House, Oak Forest Hospital, and Oak Forest Infirmary and now known as Cook County Oak Forest Hospital. The hospital was located at 15900 South Cicero Avenue the southeast corner of Cicero Avenue and 159th Street in Oak Forest, Illinois. It opened in 1910 and was designed by Holabird and Roche. The facility was constructed when the poor farm at Dunning, Illinois, became overcrowded. The farm had great success with a chicken farming venture, both financially and socially.

Image of five men standing in a semi-circle with one man holding a chicken. They are at the Cook County Poor Farm, also known as Cook County Poor House, Oak Forest Hospital, and Oak Forest Infirmary and now known as Cook County Oak Forest Hospital. The hospital was located at 15900 South Cicero Avenue the southeast corner of Cicero Avenue and 159th Street in Oak Forest, Illinois. It opened in 1910 and was designed by Holabird and Roche. The facility was constructed when the poor farm at Dunning, Illinois, became overcrowded. The farm had great success with a chicken farming venture, both financially and socially.