Image ID
DN-0009988
Headline
Sears Roebuck & Co., South State Street store, a portion of a building across the street is visible, view taken above street-level
Date Depicted
1932
Date Created
1932
Creator
Chicago Daily News, Inc.
Creator Role
photographer
Artwork/Object Depicted
glass negatives
Copyright Notice
© Chicago Historical Society, published on or before 2015, all rights reserved
Credit Line
DN-0009988, Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago History Museum
Inventory Number
1960.784
Storage Location
Chicago Daily News negatives collection, Chicago History Museum
Acquisition Source
Gift of Field Enterprises, Inc.
Max Pixels - Height
2915
Max Pixels - Width
4066
KEYWORDS
architecture
buildings
built environment
1960.784
Sears (Department store : Chicago, Ill.)
Chicago (Ill.)
1930-1939
Dry plate negatives.
Chicago Daily News, Inc.
DN-0009988.tif
glass negatives
DN-0009988
sears roebuck co south state street store a portion of a building across the street is visible view taken above street level

Exterior view of the Sears Roebuck & Co. store on South State Street at Congress Parkway. A portion of a building across the street is visible, view taken above street-level. A vertical Sears sign is visible on the far side of the building. The Sears Roebuck and Co. store, located at 403 South State Street in the Loop community area od Chicago, Illinois, extended a whole block from Congress Parkway north to Van Buren Street. It was built in 1891 by William LeBaron Jenney. This is an example of the Chicago school or Commercial style of architecture. The building was originally called the Leiter Building II.

Exterior view of the Sears Roebuck & Co. store on South State Street at Congress Parkway. A portion of a building across the street is visible, view taken above street-level. A vertical Sears sign is visible on the far side of the building. The Sears Roebuck and Co. store, located at 403 South State Street in the Loop community area od Chicago, Illinois, extended a whole block from Congress Parkway north to Van Buren Street. It was built in 1891 by William LeBaron Jenney. This is an example of the Chicago school or Commercial style of architecture. The building was originally called the Leiter Building II.

USA